Alum AD from MetLife
Accidental Death insurance (AD) pays your beneficiary if your death results from a covered accidental injury within one year of the injury. This payment is in addition to any life insurance you may have. AD covers you 24 hours a day, every day of the year, worldwide. There are no health questions to answer, and your acceptance is guaranteed.
The more active you are, the more important Accidental Death insurance becomes.
As life unfolds and responsibilities mount, take time to prepare for the unexpected. Here are three sound reasons to have this group Accidental Death insurance (AD), available exclusively to alums, now:
- Financial Obligations Do you have credit card debt, auto loans, or student loans? Your AD benefit can be used to help pay off debts and reduce the financial burden on family and friends should the unthinkable happen.
- Funeral Costs The average funeral costs over $7,000.* This can present a financial hardship for most families. AD can also be a welcome source of funds for other final expenses, which may not be covered by your health insurance.
- Protecting Your Future Insurance from your employer doesn’t follow you from job to job—that is if your employer even offers coverage. Your status as an alum will never change, so your insurance can stay with you, no matter where you go.
*National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA), 2015
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MetLife) and its affiliates offer a full range of insurance and other financial products and services. MetLife is the largest life insurer in terms of life insurance “in-force” in North America, and offers financial products and services to over 90 of the top 100 FORTUNE 500® companies.
Meyer and Associates is proud to offer life insurance products underwritten by MetLife, a name alumni can trust. For information on MetLife’s financial strength, click here to leave this site and visit MetLife’s.
Residents of all eligible states and DC: Premiums are listed below
To apply, please complete, sign, and mail a simple enrollment form. Click here for the form.
|Current Premiums for Select Amounts|
|1 Month||6 Months||1 Month||6 Months||1 Month||6 Months|
Current as of September 2016
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
|$50,000 - 1,000,000|
|50,000 - 500,000|
|50,000 - 250,000|
Premiums are under 20¢ a day for $100,000 of AD insurance.
Have you ever purchased AD insurance, or even the more restrictive accident insurance? If so, you’d probably agree that premiums for this AD plan are exceptionally low. In fact, they are less than half of premiums for AD plans available through some other sponsors, such as banks and credit unions.
For premiums for additional amounts, click here
|$100,000||$ 5.40||$ 5.40||$ 5.40|
|Premiums as of September 2016|
- Monthly automatic withdrawal from your bank (EFT). You do not write checks or worry about paying late. There is no processing fee for this convenience. Click here to download the EFT form.
- Semiannual bills payable by check. Semiannual premiums are six times monthly premiums. A fee of $6, subject to change, is added to each bill.
- By 10% if death is due to an accident on a "common carrier" (airplane, bus, taxi, train, etc.)**
- By 10% (up to $25,000) if death is due to a car accident and the covered person was properly wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident.**
- By 5% (up to $10,000) if death is due to a car accident and the seat was protected by an air bag.**
- By the cost (up to $5,000) of preparing and transporting the deceased’s body to the city of the deceased’s principal residence.**
Coverage will continue until age 75 if premiums are paid when due and the group policy remains in force.**See Certificate for details