Life Insurance – It’s Time to Protect Your Family
Life Insurance covers pandemics. As long as you have an active policy in place and continue to pay your premiums, you’re covered.
While a pandemic like Covid-19 can make applying for life insurance a bit more challenging, some policies can be issued quickly, and without extensive underwriting.
In these unprecedented times, you can rest assured that if you have a Life insurance policy in place, you likely won’t see any changes due to the global health crisis. As long as you continue to pay your premiums, you’ll remain covered, regardless of your health.
Truth be told, the pandemic may serve as a wakeup call to ensure you have the necessary financial protection you and your family need. Even if you’re already covered, is your current insurance enough? Have there been changes in your outstanding debts or people who depend on you for income? Do your family members have adequate coverage? It may be time to reassess.
If you decide to apply now
If you decide that it’s time for you or a family member to apply for life insurance, you may be able to secure coverage. For example:
- Those under age 50 may want to consider our streamlined application process that allows quick policy issuance with automated underwriting.*
- Medical and other information is collected online to provide an immediate decision on applications up to $250,000. Learn more.
- Even if you’re interested in a higher coverage amount, you may want to apply for $250,000 now, and request an increase when the steps required to fully underwrite your application become available. Learn more.
- Those 50+ can apply for coverage by providing recent lab results from a doctor or another insurance application. Learn more.
- Other options are available for higher amounts through Advisory Services, our licensed insurance experts who can provide advice and options – confidentially and at no cost to you.
For more guidance, contact us.
If you’ve recently applied
If you have already applied, naturally you may be concerned about obstacles to completing traditional underwriting requirements such as your lab work or paramedical exam.
For those wishing to continue with their current application, our carriers have made accommodations that expedite the underwriting process. Specifically, in lieu of medical exams:
- You may be able to submit results from lab work you’ve already had done either from recent insurance applications or routine physician examinations.
- You may be contacted for an Applicant Statement and/or an Attending Physician Statement for additional or clarifying information.
- You may be able to provide medical records you can access yourself through a patient portal or other physician-provided documentation.
- You may be granted an extension of the timeframe to complete necessary lab work or medical exam.
If you do end up contracting Covid-19, an underwriter may postpone your application decision until you have made a full recovery. Generally, if you experience any type of illness or infection, it’s advisable to postpone taking the life insurance medical exam until you feel better so that the results present a true picture of your health.
While you wait for a decision on your current application, if you’re anxious for coverage quickly and if you meet the requirements, you may want to consider applying through our streamlined process that allows quick policy issuance with automated underwriting.* It’s alternative path to securing coverage now.
A note about our partners
We partner with life insurance companies of the highest financial strength and claims-paying abilities. For example:
- New York Life Insurance Company is one of the largest life insurers in the world, with the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any U.S. life insurer by all four of the major rating agencies. The New York Life Foundation has pledged more than $1.7 million to help those affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Metropolitan Life Insurance is recognized and trusted by approximately 100 million customers worldwide, serving more than 90 of the top 100 FORTUNE 500® companies in the United States. With over 145 years, they have the experience, global resources and vision to provide financial certainties for an uncertain world.
- Ameritas Life Insurance Company is one of the oldest insurance companies in America. Although Ameritas claims to measure its success by how many people it has helped and the promises it has kept, the company also has among the strongest financial strength ratings.
*For applicants under age 50 not in MT, NY, UT and VA.