Travel Snafus Continue to Dominate the News
It’s no surprise that Travel insurance has become enormously popular, so what should you look for in a policy?
With travel season in full swing, frustrations have soared as surges in Covid continue to cause airline staffing shortages, flight cancellations, and delays, raising the risk of travel disruptions—in addition to the ongoing risk of becoming sick with Covid.
Travel Protection for Individuals and Groups
Select from a variety of Trip Protection and Travel Medical plans and MedJet Global Medical Transport memberships.
Prior to the pandemic, many of us didn’t put much thought into Travel insurance. But today, it’s a valuable resource—even a necessity—for anyone headed on
As post-pandemic travel roars back, Travel insurance has evolved in response to Covid and the upheaval in the travel industry, so it’s important to choose your coverage carefully and be sure to read the fine print!
So what should you look for in Travel insurance in 2022?
- Cancellation for Covid-19. Be sure that becoming ill with Covid is a covered reason for cancellation or interruption—and not excluded in the fine print.
- Quarantine Coverage. Coverage for quarantine expenses related to Covid, such as additional hotel costs due to a mandatory quarantine that extends a trip.
- Medical Expense Coverage. For medical expenses from injury or illness, including Covid.
- Trip Interruption and Delay Protection. Reimburses you if an illness, injury, or quarantine delays your trip.
- Emergency Evacuation. For non-medical emergencies, such as natural disasters or civil unrest, as well as medical emergencies requiring treatment.
- Cancel for any Reason. For added flexibility, consider this feature that refunds a portion1of your trip cost with no questions asked if you decide to cancel your journey.
- Location-specific Features. Depending on where you’re going, look for specific coverages like hurricane warning cancellation.
Whether you’re traveling internationally or domestically, for a month or even just a few days, consider protecting your trip with Travel insurance. It can help you avoid potentially catastrophic costs.
1 Often, the reimbursement is limited to 60-75% of the insured trip cost. Check certificate for specifics.