Our lending partner, Laurel Road, offers:
- Low interest rates: Low fixed and variable rates available across different loan periods
- No fees: No application or origination fees. No prepayment penalties.
- Easy online application process: Check rate options in minutes and avoid all that paper
- Special medical resident and fellow terms: Pay one low monthly payment through residency or fellowship
- Autopay discount: Additional 0.25% rate discount when automatic monthly payments are made from a bank account3
Who can refinance?
U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a valid I-551 form (“permanent green card”) are eligible to refinance student loans with Laurel Road.
- Working professionals:
- with four-year undergraduate and/or graduate degrees from Title IV accredited institutions
- who have an associate degree4 in designated professions
- Graduate students and undergraduates in the healthcare industry can refinance student loans as early as their final semester of school, provided they have a signed contract or letter of employment.
- Undergraduates with non-healthcare related degrees can refinance student loans after 12 months of employment following graduation.
- Medical interns, Residents, and Fellows who have matched.
- Parents who took out debt to finance their child’s education may also refinance. To be eligible for the Parent Student Loan Refinancing Program, the child must have attended a Title IV School, but does not need to have graduated.
Loan eligibility depends on lending criteria, such as your credit profile, monthly income, and monthly debt payments.
How to refinance your student loans
- Check rates. A soft credit pull will not affect your credit score.5
- Apply. Upload your documents to finalize your rates.
- Comparison shop.
- If approved, choose your loan and e-sign.
Refinancing your loan could provide an opportunity to do one or more of the following:
- Lower your interest rate and save money
- Pay off student loans faster
- Lower monthly payments
- Change from a fixed rate to a variable rate, or vice versa
- Reduce the number of loans in repayment
About Laurel Road
Laurel Road began originating student loans in 2013 and has since helped thousands of professionals with undergraduate and postgraduate degrees consolidate and refinance more than $7 billion in federal and private school loans. Laurel Road also offers a suite of online, seamless, personalized loan options for graduate school loan products, personal loans, and mortgages. In April 2019, Laurel Road became part of KeyBank, one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies and Member FDIC.
All credit products are subject to credit approval. Laurel Road is brand of KeyBank National Association, Member FDIC.
1Savings vary based on rate and term of your existing and refinanced loan(s). Refinancing to a longer term may lower your monthly payments, but may also increase the total interest paid over the life of the loan. Refinancing to a shorter term may increase your monthly payments, but may lower the total interest paid over the life of the loan. Review your loan documentation for total cost of your refinanced loan.
2A 0.25% interest rate discount is offered for applications from alumni (or their family members) of a school whose alumni/ae association participates in the Meyer and Associates Alumni Benefits Programsm. The rate discount will end if Meyer and Associates notifies Laurel Road that borrower is no longer in good standing. Offer can not be combined with other offers, except any discount for making automatic payments. The partner discount will not reduce the monthly payment; instead the discount is applied to the principal to help pay down the loan faster. Laurel Road is not affiliated with any school.
3Automatic payment (“AutoPay”) Discount: if the borrow chooses to make monthly payments automatically from a bank account, the interest rate will decrease by 0.25% and will increase back if the borrower stops making (or KeyBank stops accepting) monthly payments automatically from the borrower’s bank account. The 0.25% AutoPay discount will not reduce the monthly payment; instead the discount is applied to the principal to help pay the loan down faster.
4Additional eligibility requirements for Associate degree applicants: The applicant must also (1) be either currently enrolled and in the final term of an associate’s degree program at a Title IV eligible school with an offer of employment in the same field in which they will receive an eligible associate’s degree OR have graduated from a school that is Title IV eligible with an eligible associate’s degree, and (2) have been employed, for a minimum of 12 months, in the same field of study of the associate’s degree earned. Must be in one of the following degree fields: Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT), Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, EMT/Paramedics, Nuclear Technician, Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Physical Therapy Assistant, Radiation Therapy, Radiologic/MRI Technologist, Respiratory Therapy, Surgical Technologist.
5Checking your rate with Laurel Road only requires a soft credit pull, which will not affect your credit score. To proceed with an application, a hard credit pull will be required, which may affect your credit score.